[texhax] highly condensed font in a figure

Paul Gessler pdgessler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:44:59 CET 2016

Hi Neal,

You just need to re-select \ttfamily inside the figure environment:

\begin{figure}
{\ttfamily\small\fontseries{lc}\selectfont
  \lipsum[1]}
\caption{Figure}
\end{figure}

Without this, the font selected inside the figure reverts to the
normal document font, Latin Modern Roman (lmr), which does not provide
a light condensed (lc) series. Note the font substitution warning
produced:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/lmr/lc/n' undefined
(Font)              using `T1/lmr/m/n' instead on input line 14.

Hope this helps,

PG