[texhax] Hyperlinks in plain TeX

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 16:04:15 CEST 2016

David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> writes:

> On 9 June 2016 at 14:07, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi to all (La)TeX users.
>
>     Here:
>
>     http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/85148/plain-tex-and-different-hyperlink-styles-in-dvi-and-pdf
>

>     there are some macros (written by Alan U. Kennington) about how to produce
>     hyperlinks and cross-reference-hyperlinks in plain TeX. I tested them but
>     for
>     me the link disappears when I convert the dvi format to pdf with: `dvips -z
>     file.dvi' and then `ps2pdf file.ps'. Here is my simple example:
>

> Isn't this identical to the hyperbasics question just asked?

I'm having a look at the different solutions that have been provided to the
problem.  `harvmac', in its `lanlmac' version, also uses hyperbasics.  `opmac'
pdf hyperlinks only work with pdftex.  Now I was testing the above macros
written by A. Kennington that seem to fail in pdf format.  Strange, because
that article they come from is just about pdf hyperlinks and so those macros be
thought just for that.  Thanks for the macros you suggested, I'll be studying
them but they're not easy for me.  But now I got back to hyperbasics and found
that it actually works with dvips -> ps2pdf.  Only, when linking two pdf files,
the target file is opened by PDF.js, via web browser, whereas I want Xpdf to be
used instead.

Thanks,

Rodolfo