[texhax] LaTeX fonts: How get Adobe Times for text with mtpro2 for math?

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Tue Jun 7 23:16:22 CEST 2016

 >|The docs for mtpro2 say to use this in preamble to get Adobe Times for
 >|normal text:
 >|
 >| \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
 >|\usepackage{textcomp}
 >|\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm}
 >|\usepackage{mtpro2}
 >|
 >|However, when I examine with Adobe Reader the properties of the pdf
 >|produced from a document including that, it says the font is:
 >|
 >|    NimbusRopmNo9L-Regu
 >|
 >|What???s wrong?

Nothing's wrong. Nimbus is a good quality clone of Times
produced by URW. If you want to purchase and install Adobe
Times, go ahead, but you won't be able to detect any
difference apart from the name.

Or you can configure your system to *not* embed Times into
your PDF. Then the Adobe Reader will supply Times.

Bob T.