[texhax] TeX Live 2016 release available

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 6 23:09:15 CEST 2016

For the sake of anyone who doesn't follow ctan-ann ...

TeX Live 2016 has been released.  It will soon (but not this instant)
be available from CTAN sites (http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive).
Package updates will resume in another day or two.

As usual, we recommend doing a network install in one way or another
instead of downloading the large (3+gb) .iso -- see
http://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html for a discussion of the various
alternatives.

If anyone notices stale or missing information on the TL web pages, or
problems with the release, please report as usual.

MacTeX (http://tug.org/mactex) has also been released and are available
from CTAN.

The TeX Collection DVD (http://tug.org/texcollection) is going to
production shortly and should be available in due course.  I don't have
an ETA.

Happy TeXing,
Karl

P.S. Bug reports about packages suddenly not working, especially with
luatex, should go to the package maintainers, not TL.