[texhax] microtype: bad printing

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jan 28 23:50:05 CET 2016

On 2016-01-28 at 21:58:52 +0100, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

 > A *related* problem with blurry text happens when printing
 > documents containing figures that uses transparency. Then Adobe
 > Reader will use the ÔPrint as imageÕ feature (which produces a too
 > low-DPI bitmap) automatically for any pages with transparency,
 > resulting in low-quality output. But then the *entire page* will be
 > (slightly) blurry, not just a few lines here and there.

I encountered the same problem about a decade ago when I used pgfplots
with transparency.  Not only the text tooked different on pages with
plots, also the color of the company logo was slightly different.

Martin Schršder provided a solution which worked fine.  I only had to
add one line to the preamble but I don't remember anything and can't
find the old file.  The only thing I remember is that it injected
something into the PDF file, with \pdfliteral or something similar.

Maybe Martin remembers...

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25