[texhax] Install old version of TeX

Francis Bevan frahasio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 23:37:14 CET 2016

Thanks Philip - I'll give it a go.

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Taylor [mailto:P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk]
Sent: 23 January 2016 22:36
To: Francis Bevan <frahasio at gmail.com>
Cc: <texhax at tug.org> <texhax at tug.org>
Subject: Re: [texhax] Install old version of TeX

Francis Bevan wrote:

> I found the 2014 downloader/installer on the historical archives page
> of the tug site but it gives an error because all the repositories are
> up to date with 2015 data. Is there a way to use the source files in
> the archived tar to reinstall the old version?

If you look here, Francis :

	ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2014/

you will find an ISO file for the 2014 release.  Burn this to a DVD (or use some utility that will allow you to mount ISO files) and you can then install TeX Live 2014.  You will not be able to update it, of course, but it may be better than nothing.  Whether there is an archive of the 2014 release as of its final update, as opposed to its initial release, I regret I do not know.

Philip Taylor