[texhax] plain TeX: how to produce outlines in pdf format without using pdftex?

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 15:57:42 CET 2016

Hi to all (La)TeX users.

In plain TeX: up to now I've normally produced my pdf output using pdftex, but
now I need using the dvi -> ps -> pdf process instead.  I used to create
outlines with section names in a left side small window, in the pdf output,
using pdftex, with the \pdfdest and \pdfoutline commands, that do not work
processing the tex file with simply `tex'.  How can I create outlines, in my
pdf output, using dvi -> ps -> pdf rather than pdftex?

Thanks indeed for any help,

Rodolfo