[texhax] Boston Computer Society test file

Hefferon, James S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Wed Jan 13 22:01:33 CET 2016

> is there any sentiment for posting the
bcs test file on ctan?  (i'll have to
navigate the rules for licenses, which
have changed radically since this file
was created, but will do so if there's
interest.)

The thing that appeals to me about the test is that the equations and diagrams are taken from benchmark sources.

It reminds me of when I read Kernigan and Ritchie; the things shown were all things I was looking to do and so it served not just to introduce me, but also to impress me that the authors had a tool for the jobs that I was looking at.

The Showcase is great but this is different.  It, or something like it, has a place also, it seems to me.

Jim