[texhax] Any crazy math formulas for testing a TeX language interpreter

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 20:54:09 CET 2016

On 12 January 2016 at 01:01, Schneider <schneidt at mail.nih.gov> wrote:

> James:
>
> > I have a file that includes the test formulas for the original
> > Boston Computer Society torture test that appeared in the Notices.
> > It is LaTeX but it would be easy enough to strip out the formulas.
> >
> > http://joshua.smcvt.edu/bcs/
>
> That ran fine on Mac OS X 10.10.5:
>
> > This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.16 (TeX Live 2015)
> > (preloaded format=latex)
>
> However, page 8 Benchmark 7 has 4 disconnected bits floating around.

There is no problem with the tex that is just an error in the shell script,
it doesn't run latex again after running metapost to make the graphics
so they get made but not included

#!/bin/sh
# compile the bcs.tex file
# You need a lot of packages.  Are you sure that you want to do this?
# 2005-June-26 Jim Hefferon
latex bcs
mpost feynmans1
mpost feynmans2