[texhax] broken link

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Wed May 13 16:59:07 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 13.05.2015 15:34, Mohamed HOUSSNI wrote:

> The link is empty when the text of this corresponding link is broken
> (see the attached example, the five and 6th references).
>
> When I use "pdflatex" everything is ok

pdfTeX supports links broken across lines.

> but with "latex ---> dvips --->
> distiller ---> pdf" it does not work.

Yes, dvips does not support broken links.
Option `breaklinks` of package `hyperref` cannot
magically invent the support, therefore the link
areas *are* broken. The option is only useful
for printing the document.

Package `breakurl` provides a workaround for
URL links with dvips, maybe it can help you
in this case.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko