[texhax] longtable and the krantz class

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue May 12 17:31:46 CEST 2015

12 May 2015 13:08:21 +1200, Rolf Turner wrote:
> ! LaTeX Error: No \gdef \GenericError {               }{LaTeX Error: No \title
> given}{See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.}{Try typing  <r

at 2015-05-12 08:45 +02:00, Ulrike Fischer answered:
> How should this be possible? You are neither linking to your class
> (it is not on CTAN) nor showing a minimal, complete document for tests.

I googled

    http://arxmliv.kwarc.info/sty/krantz.cls

However, already with standard LaTeX (see "LaTeX Error"), \maketitle throws
this error when no \title specification was given. That's what the error
message says! Once Heiko Oberdiek in a similar situation wrote about as
"What is so difficult to understand with this error?"

Well, maybe it is more complex here, but then Ulrike is right that we don't
have any material to judge this.

Cheers,

    Uwe.