[texhax] Where does package doclicense live in TeXLive?

Paul Gessler pdgessler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:15:52 CET 2015

The doclicense package is just over a month old, so it's entirely
possible that none of the Debian and Gentoo maintainers/packagers have
picked up on its release and added it to one of the distro packages.
Two quick Google searches seem to confirm this, but I could be wrong.
Searching Google for

    doclicense.sty site:debian.org

and

    doclicense.sty site:gentoo.org

show no relevant results. Searching this way for a file known to be
included in a distro package (Google "mhchem.sty site:debian.org", for
example) returns the web page for the file list of the distro's
package containing this CTAN package. If you do not want to go the
manual update route, I think you should contact the distro's
maintainer/packager for TeX Live to ask about having it added.

If anyone has better advice, please feel free to chime in—I'm by no
means an expert on Linux packaging requests!

PG