[texhax] best way to do texbook examples

Tamás Gimes gimestamas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 14:00:38 CEST 2015

Dear support personnel reading this question!

I'd like to read through Donald Knuth's "The TeX Book" and, naturally, do
the exercises too. However, I don't know which program to use to do the
exercises. I wouldn't like to change the exercises too much, just to suit
the whims of some program. I'd like to remain as close to the plain TeX
found in the book as possible.

What would you recommend? (If something wasn't clear or you require more
information I'd be glad to elaborate on the issue.)

Thanks for your support and have a pleasant day!
Tamás