[texhax] ... TeXLive, but without two technical problems ...

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Sat Feb 28 23:16:01 CET 2015

2015-02-15 William F Hammond wrote to: "Yves Perret" <yves.perret at megamail.org>
on: [texhax] ... TeXLive, but without two technical problems ...
>> despite that technical imperfection with the driver «xdvi», I value
>> really the Texlive distribution in the SUN-Solaris environment.

> Might it be possible for you to explain your questions in a plain message
> without using attachments?

I managed to download 3 attachments. One is a LateX document source file,
then there are two screenshots, probably showing xdvi's difficulties
in displaying the compiled document. Text output obviously does not
appear in the diagram boxes as expected. Each screenshot shows an
xdvi window that partially hides terminal output from xdvi, though
you can see essentials of xdvi's warnings. One screenshot shows results
with Solaris, the other one with Xubuntu.

So much for tonight. Should I upload my downloads?

Cheers,

     Uwe.