[texhax] tlmgr on debian

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:47:01 CEST 2015

So I want to keep the Debian (Ubuntu in this case) packages installed
for dpkg dependencies, however I want the current texlive packages -
I'm pretty sure everything is installed (as I got the svn repo and ran
install-ti and that worked) but I'd like tlmgr to work as well. Any
ideas:

 % tlmgr update --list

temp/latex swlap1
tlmgr: The TeX Live versions supported by the repository
http://ctan.math.utah.edu/ctan/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet
  (2013--2014)
do not include the version of the local installation
  (2015).
 % tlmgr --version

texmf/tlpkg swlap1
tlmgr revision 37011 (2015-04-22 19:10:04 -0400)
tlmgr using installation: /usr/local/texlive/2015
TeX Live (http://tug.org/texlive) version 2015