[texhax] What happened to $TEXMF/doc/bibtex/base/bibshare ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 19 00:52:58 CEST 2014

Hi Matej - I think I may have written the bibshare document myself, many
years ago (I have a version on my machine timestamped 1994), clearly
based on what Nelson was already doing, though -- shame on me -- I
failed to mention that.  I think it may have been me because of the
mention of \allcaps, which was a macro I, and essentially no one else,
defined and used sometimes all that while ago (it was equivalent to
TUGboat's \acro).

I deleted the file in TeX Live revision 20729, on 2010-12-14, as part of
Oren's bibtex update.  Oren and I probably discussed it, but it doesn't
seem worth looking up now.  I don't believe the file was ever
"semi-standard" in Oren's terminology, i.e., one of his.

Anyway.  Nelson, if you already have some notes written about
recommendations for citation keys, I imagine that would be the best
thing to publicize at this point.  That's what I would like to do, at
any rate.

Best,
Karl