[texhax] fontcmds.sty

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 21 19:07:27 CEST 2014

I am using beamer to prepare some slides.  It works fine at home that has texlive2014 installed.  I made one minor change in the file and tried to compile it in my office and it stopped on
! LaTeX Error: File `fontcmds.sty' not found.
Well that's a nuisance, so I went to ctan and searched for fontcmds.sty only to discover that ctan can find no such file.  I tried fontcmds alone and got the same message.  What is going on here?

BTW, the error message occurred when it was still loading beamer files, so the nature of the file I was trying to compile is irrelevant.

Michael Barr