[texhax] Equation numbering adjustment - minimal example

William F Hammond hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 21:43:51 CET 2014

Dr A K Hannaby <keith_hannaby at mathshelp.com> writes:

> Minimal example attached.
>
> Hope it is clear what I mean.

It's not completely clear to me.  For one thing it strikes
me that the second and third equations should be part of
some kind of equation array.  Since the documentclass is
amsbook, amsmath should be available, yet you don't seem to
be using it.  See `texdoc amsmath` or The LaTeX Companion.

Based on what you originally asked, let me suggest that you
consider placing your "narrow" equations inside a centered
minipage, width of your choosing, for example, 0.7\linewidth,
rather than trying to adjust manually the distance to the
equation number.

                              -- Bill

Email: hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
       gellmu at gmail.com