[texhax] Achieving the optimum quality of rendering

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Mar 4 12:57:55 CET 2014

That's why I said:

>> there's no reason not to just make good quality
>> .pdf files for inclusion into your pages

A .pdf will be included and won't have its quality diminished by inclusion into a .pdf generated directly by pdflatex.

It's more efficient, it's more direct, it's simpler and it's elegant (in the sense of scientific correctness).

When you make a .pdf from a pixel file, set the compression appropriate to the file's content --- that's part and parcel of making ``a good quality file''.

When you make a .pdf from a vector image, ensure that the vectors / Bézier curves are preserved (and that the image is not converted into a pixel file)  --- that's part and parcel of making ``a good quality file''.

&c.

William

--
William Adams