[texhax] tarballs ob ftp at tug.org

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 24 01:27:48 CEST 2014

    ftp://tug.org/texlive/historic/2014/
    -- What are 'devsources' and 'extra' and 'texmf' archives?

http://tug.org/texlive/acquire-tar.html
I added a README to the ftp directory.

    2. These two binaries are needed to install tree and future update tlmgr:

It depends, but it doesn't matter.  Sounds like you are basically set.

    3. I have used '*-sources.tar.xz' to build my own binaries (custom) and
    'install-tl-unx.tar.gz' to install TexLive.

Fine.  Then you don't need any of the other tarballs.

    -- What should I download to install TexLive by install-tl script
    without the internet?  Maybe iso-image? or rsync some dir? (I means
    'current' version).

Please see the other pages linked from
http://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html

Now off to answer more of your other questions on the tex-live list,
since Norbert answered some there ...

karl