[texhax] Formatting numbered lists

Sridhar M. A. mas at mylug.org
Sat Feb 22 02:05:47 CET 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 05:04:16PM -0500, Jerry wrote:

   > My fault, I failed to express myself properly. I want to be able to set
   > that as the default numbering method in the document. I am working on a
   > large legal document and it has well over 50 numbered lists, several levels
   > deep in spots. I do not want to have to manually configure each one. Isn't
   > there someway I can use the "\renewcommand" to accomplish that?

As suggested, you can use the enumitem package to accomplish this. See
if the following MWE serves your purpose:

========
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{enumitem}
  \setlist[enumerate]{label=\arabic*)}
  \setlist[enumerate,2]{label=\Alph*)}
  \setlist[enumerate,3]{label=\alph*)}

\begin{document}

\begin{enumerate}
  \item Blah.
  \item Blah.
  \begin{enumerate}
    \item More blah.
    \item More blah.
    \begin{enumerate}
      \item Still more \ldots
      \item Still more \ldots
      \item Still more \ldots
    \end{enumerate}
    \item More blah.
  \end{enumerate}
  \item Blah.
  \item Blah.
\end{enumerate}

\end{document}
====

Regards,

--
Sridhar M. A.

A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.

Buy the negatives at any price.