[texhax] How do I "strikeout" a numbered list.

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Feb 9 18:49:42 CET 2014

I am involved with updating a very large document that is modified on a
nearly daily basis. It is a Book of Ordinances for a small city and it is
being rewritten. As each change or modification is done, I have to update
the document. However, the original text has to remain until the final
draft is complete. Quite frankly, I am not sure if this a good use of LaTeX.

I am using \usepackage[normalem]{ulem}

My problem is, say a numbered section created using:

\begin{enumerate}
\item bla
\item bla bla
\end{enumerate}

If one item is stricken from the document, I am only able to "strike out"
the text portion of the section. If I attempt to place "\sout{" before the
"\item" an error is produced. I would like the ability to completely
"strike out" an item as well as the entire "\begin{enumerate}" to
"\end{enumerate}" if the section is being removed.

Is any of this possible? I can do it in MS Word, but I am clueless here.
Plus, I have an idea the cleaning this whole mess up later is going to be
more trouble than it it worth.

--
Jerry