[texhax] Merging Chapter Number and Title with tocloft

Alessandro Ceschini alescesc1986 at yahoo.it
Sat Feb 8 22:24:16 CET 2014

Hello

I used tocloft in order to increase the space between chapter numbers
and chapter titles because I had to cope with Roman numbers in ToC, but
this workaround doesn't really satisfy me. Indeed, a space of 3em
necessary for five-digit numbers like XVIII is excessive for one or
two-digit numbers like I or II and consequently the overall look is very
crappy.

What I'd like to do is merging number and title, in other words I need
to do away with the fixed numwidth and to treat numbers as if they were
parts of the chapter titles. Someone knows how to do that?

Regards
--
/Alessandro Ceschini/