[texhax] help with use of Latex template for Marine Pollution Bulletin manuscript

William F Hammond hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 00:41:44 CEST 2014

Jose A Norat Ramirez <josenorat at onelinkpr.net> writes:

> When visiting the website (below) I found the following
> information on how to use a Latex template for Marine
> Pollution Bulletin manuscript.  I don’t understand any of
> the computer language used Can somebody explain in plain
> language how to use the template?
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/elsarticle
>
> Direc­tory tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/elsarticle
>
> This is Elsevier's new document class for typeset journal
> articles, elsarticle.cls.  ...

The computer language used assumes overall familiarity with
LaTeX.  If there's not someone nearby who can help you with
that, begin at http://www.tug.org/.  (A local university
with departments such as mathematics, physics, or computer
science might be a source for overall knowledge of LaTeX.)

"Template" is not exactly the right word.  What is at hand
is a substitute, called "elsarticle", for the normal LaTeX
"article" document class.  (The main indigenous LaTeX
document classes are "article", "book", and "report".)

                              -- Bill

Email: hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
       gellmu at gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/william.f.hammond