[texhax] Importing images into TexShop doc

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Apr 27 20:06:38 CEST 2014

On 04/27/2014 06:56 AM, Keith Devlin wrote:

> I am trying to convert an old Textures LaTeX document to run in
> TexShop, and it has a lot of images. The old commands all have the
> general form
>
> \begin{figure} \vspace{2.5in} \hspace{1.4in} \special{picture
> eulercircles.PICT scaled 600} \end{figure}
>
> What’s the easiest equivalent in TexShop, what packages do I need,
> where do I find them, and where do I install them?

If you installed TeXShop using MacTeX ( http://tug.org/mactex/ ), then
you have everything you need, and TeX will find the packages you use.

So you just have to convert you *.PICT files to *.pdf, as Reinhard said.

For further questions about MacTeX and Mac specific front-ends (like
TeXShop), I would advise you to subscribe to the TeX on Mac OS X Mailing