[texhax] Importing images into TexShop doc

Keith Devlin kdevlin at stanford.edu
Sun Apr 27 13:56:06 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to convert an old Textures LaTeX document to run in TexShop, and it has a lot of images. The old commands all have the general form

\begin{figure}
\vspace{2.5in} \hspace{1.4in}
\special{picture eulercircles.PICT scaled 600}
\end{figure}

What’s the easiest equivalent in TexShop, what packages do I need, where do I find them, and where do I install them? I tried a few approaches based on suggestions I found on the Web, including downloading the graphics package from CTAN, but could not even find a TeX Inputs folder to put it into, and simply replacing the old \special command by
\includegraphics[scale=1.0]{eulercircles.PICT}
got me nowhere.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Devlin
Executive Director, H-STAR Institute
Stanford University
Cordura Hall
210 Panama Street
Stanford, CA 94305-4115

Home page: http://www.stanford.edu/~kdevlin/
——————
This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately.