[texhax] TeX based presentations -- setting up "print dialog presets"

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Tue Apr 1 14:42:04 CEST 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 17:42 (-0700), Suresh Govindachar wrote:

> On 3/31/2014 11:12 AM, Pierre MacKay wrote:

>> Why not set up a script from the splendidly functional pdftk
>> (PDF toolkit)?

> 1) The source has the information of which pages of the pdf are complete
> slides (rather than partial transitional slides) -- this information would
> need to be provided to the user of pdftk somehow.

> 2) Since recipients of the pdf of the presentation can't be expected to have
> pdftk, I would need to provide them a pdf of the handout too.

Suresh,

I have a few macros which allow me to make two versions of my
presentations.  One with all the "partial" slides for me (plus other
material for my version only) and one with only the complete slides.

I just TeX my document twice, and in one case I call pdftex with a
command-line argument (I use \let to define a token) which produces
the alternate version.

Would this be easier than what you are looking to do right now?

Cheers.

                                Jim