[texhax] parsing and simplifying a placed and clipped/cropped .pdf

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Mon Oct 28 14:28:17 CET 2013

On Oct 28, 2013, at 9:21 AM, Philip Taylor wrote:

> I use Adobe Acrobat all the time (V7) and from my experience
> the cropping is reversible (and therefore not destructive).

The cropping of a placed .pdf seems to be destructive when one saves as an optimized .pdf and turns on some option which enables the discarding of such redundant data --- the problem is, for the current project, it only worked once on an incompleat file, and since then it crashes every time I try to save out an optimized .pdf --- if my current OCR effort doesn't pan out, I guess I'll try processing it in sections.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer