[texhax] proTeXt on Win 8.1 64 bit

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Oct 27 14:32:52 CET 2013

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 13:25:01 +0100
Martin Schröder articulated:

> 2013/10/27 Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net>:
> > I have just purchased a new PC and installed Win 8.1 64bit on it. I
> > was going to install the "proTeXt" <http://www.tug.org/protext/>
> > package, however, I cannot find out if it is 64 or 32 bit. There
> > does
>
> I'm sure it works on Windows 64bit.
>
> I seriously doubt that you have documents that need a TeX engine with
> more than 2GB of memory.
>
> Best
>   Martin

I do have some documents that are over 300 pages long. They load slowly
on my 32bit WinXP machine. My new one is much faster and has plenty of
memory so that would no doubt make a huge difference. With that said, a
64 bit application runs faster and more efficiently on a 64 bit system
than a 32 bit application does. I was just wondering why ProTeXt was not
ported to that architecture. I am assuming it wasn't because I cannot
find a 64bit download for it.

--
Jerry ♔