[texhax] Help with Miktex

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Fri Oct 4 19:13:46 CEST 2013

The Miktex help system seems to be moribund (I have sent them two
questions in the past week and gotten no reply) so I will ask this forum.
How do you update the filenames datatbase.  I know there is, or used to
be, a simple program to run that would do it, but I have forgotten what it
is.  The "official" method mentioned in the Miktex tutorial (run miktex,
the maintenance, then settings then update FNDB) has no effect since the
miktex engine still cannot find the file I have added and which is
certainly there.

Can anyone on this list help?

Michael