[texhax] PDF forms: fill in textfield once, show its contents often throughout document

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 20:04:47 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Susan Dittmar <Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> after days of searching the 'net and trying to wrap my mind around the
> problem, I come to you in hope one of you might have a good idea for me.
>
> I would like to generate a PDF document with textfields that can be filled
> in by the user (that part works). What I don't know how to archive is that
> I want the user-supplied contents to be displayed at several places
> thoughout the document, preferably without further user action. And to ease
> writing, I want those repetitions provided by a macro.
>
> I certainly don't have a _working_ minimal example, but I hacked together
> my rough ideas in case someone wants a starting point for development. But
> please don't feel restricted by its form or choice of packages! I might
> well have run into a mental cul-de-sac.

Something like this?

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
\parindent=0pt
\usepackage{blindtext}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\begin{document}
\begin{Form}
\mbox{\TextField[maxlen=100,align=0,height=15pt,width=150pt,name=s3]{Please
enter your name}}
\end{Form}

\bigskip
\blindtext[1]
\begin{Form}

\hfill  Sincerely yours\
{\TextField[maxlen=100,align=0,height=12pt,width=150pt,name=s3]{}}

\end{Form}

\end{document}