[texhax] Problems with command \markboth

Pablo Mayckon pmsf at alu.dc.ufc.br
Fri Jun 14 16:53:06 CEST 2013

> Hi everyone, I was writing and I need use the command \markboth for
> add a headings so at right and left, my code is: [...]
> but when I compile appears "name" at the left and the page number on
> the right, I need which appears Biography, what's the problem?

Hello, Darío!

I'm not sure whether I got your point. The page numbers are bound to appear
even if you use "\markboth". If your problem is that only "name" appears in
the headings, like discussed here

http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11685

then the answer is this: "In one-sided printing [which is the default for the
article document class], all pages are considered to be right-hand ones" (page
90 of Lamport's book on LaTeX 2e). So you just need to choose two-sided
printing:

\documentclass[twoside]{article}

Section 4.4 of "The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX 2e" (freely available
online) also hints that the "fancyhdr" package might be useful for you.

Hope this helps! --Pablo.