[texhax] Adding "\section*" entries to TOC

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sun Jun 2 12:52:42 CEST 2013

Le 2 juin 2013 at 12:18, Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote :

> "fancy",but that is another story. I am also not even sure what the
> macro "\AtBeginDocument" is referring too. I am a very new user of

Hi, \AtBeginDocument allows to have some code executed at the
junction from the preamble to the body. This is very useful to
author of package B if there is a need to modify something
done by package A. Then it is not necessary to tell the user
to load B after A (and B can even test if A was loaded and take
appropriate action). Except of course in the case when A itself
does its evil things using \AtBeginDocument... then this will be
executed after the B \AtBeginDocument code, if A is loaded after B.

Sometimes as a user you say something in the preamble and it
does not do the expected thing: the explanation is often that
some package or the class itself used \AtBeginDocument to
insert some code which got executed after your set-up.

More authorized info is to be found in section 4.6 of
file clsguide.pdf

In a command line console: texdoc clsguide.pdf

(I think this works also on MikTeX -- I am on TexLive)

Regards,
Jean-Francois