[texhax] Using XeTeX to select fonts

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Jan 28 19:32:13 CET 2013

William Adams wrote:

> David Kastrup I think it was, had a great analogy
> about using Plain TeX like to controlling a car using
> sets of reins attached to a car's engine and steering
> and brake systems so that one couldn't close the hood
> lest one cut them off)

Whereas using LaTeX is like trying to drive a racing car
with flat tyres, an automatic gearbox with no manual
override, a steering wheel that decides for you where
it thinks you want to go, with the brakes permanently
half-engaged, and all this whilst wearing a Michelin-man
inflatable suit.

Philip Taylor