[texhax] Font installation

Henrik Frisk frisk.h at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 11:04:05 CET 2013

Dear all,

I have recently upgraded to Fedora 17 and I'm having trouble
reinstalling the fonts that I need. I'm slightly embarassed that I
can't get it to work and that I never learn... I have two fonts that
I've been using in TeX for almost a decade. In other words, I've
installed them several times before and I had difficulties getting it
to work last time I upgraded my system but somehow it worked in the
end.

I guess my first question is: What is the preferred place to install
fonts in? I'm on a laptop that no one but me is using and I'm using
texlive 2007-70. I'm editing files with emacs and I'm using command
line tools to compile.

What do I need to do other than putting the files in the right place
in my texmf folder, adding the maps to updmap.cfg , running texhash
and updmap?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
/Henrik