[texhax] Article like class file for authors and book like class file for a journal issue.

Sukomal Modak SUKOMAL at csiamerica.com
Tue Dec 10 00:48:57 CET 2013

Dear Friends,

I am working as a volunteer for setting up document classes for the Journal of Bangladesh Studies (JBS).  JBS is published by a non-profit non-government organization "Bangladesh Development Initiative" (BDI). JBS is published in print form. However issues older than 3 years can be accessed via web for free. Currently it is assembled with Word and from now on we would like to typeset it with LaTeX.

So far, I can see that we need two kinds of class files --- (a) standard class file for the authors who will write an article based on the file supplied by us and (b) class file for the entire issue containing a certain number of articles. Each article will have its own bibliography and the author will supply the tex files, image files, and a compiled pdf file. This kind of class files are widely available for different journals and different publishers. On the publisher's end we are required to integrate all the articles together into a book form.

Now here is my question. Is there any standard class file for each article and the corresponding class file for the entire book? What is the best way to go with it so that the process of integration becomes smooth and reasonably effortless.

Any idea/pointer is welcome. I need your help.

Warm regards,
--
Sukomal Modak

Sukomal Modak, PhD