[texhax] Obsolete \centerline command used in amsbook class (Uwe L?ck)

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Sun Sep 23 18:21:52 CEST 2012

BB> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 10:28:14 -0400
BB> From: Barbara Beeton <bnb at ams.org>

BB> there are good reasons to request that authors
BB> avoid the use of \def.  contemporary production
BB> and delivery methods require uniformity, and the
BB> least expensive way to accomplish that is for
BB> the authors to apply the tools in the cleanest
BB> way that gives the most reliable results.

I would prefer the authors not to use \def, \newcommand or packages
outside the short list recommended and tested by the production
staff.  It would make my life much easier.  On the other hand as an
author of packages used in production I claim my right to use \def or
any other TeX construct:  I do this in contact with the technical
staff.

--
Good luck

-Boris

I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to
make it shorter.
		-- Blaise Pascal