[texhax] Logging on pdftex

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 17 14:02:51 CEST 2012

the end of a run of pdf(la)tex, you suggested
\usepackage{atveryend}
\AtVeryVeryEnd{\batchmode}

That certainly suppresses the listing of fonts.  Unfortunately, at the
cost of also suppressing the useful messages I really want to see, such
as:
(\end occurred inside a group at level 1)

### semi simple group (level 1) entered at line 1558 (\begingroup)
### bottom level

Is there a better choice than \batchmode?  Unfortunately, I don't
understand the details at a sufficient level to work this out myself.

Michael

--
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in
moral philosophy--the search for a superior moral justification