[texhax] latex doesn't find style files

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Mar 30 14:05:45 CEST 2012

On 03/30/2012 04:55 AM, Lars Madsen wrote:

> Axel E. Retif wrote, On 2012-03-30 11:15:

[...]

>> But, at least in Linux Mint, you also have /etc/login.defs, with said
>> lines
>>
>> ENV_SUPATH
>> ENV_PATH
>>
>> but I haven't use login.defs with Ubuntu or Mint.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Axel
>
> What is the difference between the two?

If you mean between Ubuntu and Mint, to start with, I don't remember if
Ubuntu has login.defs ---most likely it does.

But beyond that, Mint started as basically an Ubuntu redistribution with
non-libre codecs that might cause problems in countries with software
patents (the USA and Japan, as far as I know), codecs that are not part
of the Ubuntu default installation (that is, not in the DVD, but you can
install on your own).

But with the recent move of Ubuntu as a competitor for MacOS-iOS and
Microsoft 8 (one interface does it all ---desktop, tablet and
television), which has alienated many traditional desktop users like me,
Mint is gradually moving away from Ubuntu and getting closer to Debian;
and it does provide various alternatives to the also controversial Gnome
3 (like Mate and Cinnamon, as well as Mint Gnome Extensions), and
*doesn't* provide Unity.

Best

Axel