[texhax] latex doesn't find style files

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Mar 30 10:25:51 CEST 2012

jtzzaa11-texhax2 at yahoo.com wrote, On 2012-03-30 10:20:
> Thanks.
>
> "which latex" gives
> /usr/bin/latex

This may suggest that you have two LaTeX installations on this computer.

You will need to make sure that the correct TL bin dir comes first in
the PATH.

You're using Debian, which seems to be doing thing a little differently
than Ubuntu (which I normally use), so you will have to figure out how
one perform a global change to the system PATH

Some may say that you should add it via say bashrc. In my experience,
this is usually not enough because then programmes started via a menu
will not see this change and will continue to use the old LaTeX

--

/daleif