[texhax] context newbie

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Mon Mar 12 15:14:59 CET 2012

On 12/03/12 Ulrike Fischer said:

> I don't know what the manual says, but from the wiki
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Reference/en/appendix) I would say
> you have to much "i"s in your commands. This works for me in a not
> completly recent context:

*sigh* Yep, thanks.

> I'm not a context user but my impression is that the context
> document often lags behind.

I'm an old time LaTeX user, but I'm comparing with ConTeXt, as customizing
output was always somewhat challenging in LaTeX, and I was never a big fan of
LaTeX tables. I love the html-style ConTeXt tables.

I'm comparing several environments right now, from LibreOffice, to some TeX
solutions, to Sphinx, etc. I'm not a huge WYSIWYG fan, and cross platform is a
must, although I admit LibreOffice has improved greatly in recent years.

Mike