[texhax] TeX version

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Jun 14 13:35:42 CEST 2012

On Jun 13, 2012, at 12:07 PM, Frederick Mayer wrote:

> I have been using OzTex (for my Mac) now for many years. Recently I submitted a paper to a journal that could not "rad" my LaTex version due to some problem having to do with something about "Font 3 instead of Font 1" error. Is there a version of LaTex for my Mac that gets around this issue? I will thank you for your help on this.

I suspect that they're complaining of your having provided bitmap Type 3 fonts in your paper instead of Type 1.

There are utility programs which may be able to make the change in the .ps:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/15092/replace-type-3-with-type-1-fonts-in-a-pdf

but better to update and fix the problem permanently....

You could switch to MacTeX:

http://www.tug.org/mactex/2011/

and then after generating your paper and distilling to a .pdf check the font usage in Adobe Acrobat to see if your document preamble and font calls will need to be adjusted.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer