[texhax] luximono

Hefferon, James S. jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Tue Jul 3 17:09:57 CEST 2012

> pass, the Ubuntu TL is very old (is it still 2009?) I just know things
> work with TUG TL, so I tend to recommend that one over the Ubuntu one.

I understand your point.   But I know from past experience that if I go off-package then I will start being confused by the need to --force install packages that require texlive (such as AUCTeX), and other hair-pulling issues.  So there is a tradeoff involved.

> Just to rule out other strange things, does this work:

> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{luximono}
> \begin{document}
> \ttfamily This is a test
> \end{document}

It gives the same error.   I've included the output below.

I should have sent the above originally as a minimal example.  Sorry.

Jim

~/tmp$ pdflatex test
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex
LaTeX2e <2009/09/24>
Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh
yphenation, farsi, arabic, croatian, bulgarian, ukrainian, russian, czech, slov
ak, danish, dutch, finnish, french, basque, ngerman, german, german-x-2009-06-1
9, ngerman-x-2009-06-19, ibycus, monogreek, greek, ancientgreek, hungarian, san
skrit, italian, latin, latvian, lithuanian, mongolian2a, mongolian, bokmal, nyn
orsk, romanian, irish, coptic, serbian, turkish, welsh, esperanto, uppersorbian
, estonian, indonesian, interlingua, icelandic, kurmanji, slovenian, polish, po
rtuguese, spanish, galician, catalan, swedish, ukenglish, pinyin, loaded.
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/size10.clo))
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def))
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/luxi/luximono.sty
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty))
No file test.aux.
(/usr/local/share/texmf/tex/latex/luxi/t1ul9.fd) [1{/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pd
ftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] (./test.aux) ){/usr/share/texmf/fonts/enc/dvips/cm-sup
er/cm-super-t1.enc}
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 ul9r8r
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ul9r8r.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ul9r8r): Font ul9r8r at 600 not found
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!