[texhax] Delimited arguments and ProvidesFile macro in hyphen.cfg

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Jan 3 10:36:09 CET 2012

Doug McKenna wrote:

>  [T]he output TeX creates begins:
>
> \ProvidesFile #1[#2 #3 #4]->\toks 8{Babel<#3>  and hyphenation patterns
> for }\b
> bl at tempa #1[#2 #3 #4]\let \ProvidesFile \bbl at tempa
> #1<-{hyphen.cfg}
> #2<-2008/07/06
> #3<-v3.8l
> #4<-Babel language switching mechanism
> {\toks}
> etc.

 From Donald's and Heiko's insights, I would have expected
line four to read :

	"#1<-{hyphen.cfg} "

whereas in my copy as received, it reads :

	"#1<-{hyphen.cfg}"

Is it possible for you to check the original output and
see whether the trailing space of #1 is indeed reported
in the log file, as I would have expected ?

Philip Taylor