[texhax] examdesign package: can I select a random subset of a block for each version of an exam?

Patrick O'Neill pon2 at umbc.edu
Wed Sep 28 19:57:49 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I've been using Jason Alexander's very nice examdesign package to write
quizzes and exams for large classes.  I would like to be able to write, say,
ten questions for a given section of an exam and have three of them appear
on any given version.  That is, I'd like to randomize not only the order,
but also the selection of the questions.  It wasn't clear to me whether this
is possible with examdesign; has anyone successfully selected random subsets
or discovered a workaround?

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Patrick.