[texhax] Section header of inserted pdfpages landscape

jeremy jeremy at acjlaw.net
Wed Sep 7 15:31:08 CEST 2011

 On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:57:56 +0100, Johnny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using \pdfpages to insert a pdfdocument into an appendix of my
> latex-file. The inserted file is in landscape and I would like to
> have a
> section header on the first page of the inserted document. I realise
> have to do some scaling and maybe some rotations to achieve this ,
> but
> do not succeed. Any ideas would be highly appreciated!
>

> Snippets of what I am trying without greater success:
>
> \documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}
> \usepackage[final]{pdfpages}
> \usepackage{lscape}
> \usepackage[toc,page]{appendix}
>
> \begin{document}
> \title{My test document}
> \maketitle
> \tableofcontents

> \begin{appendices}
>
> %% \section{Review comments}
>
> %% Close, but header goes in portrait mode and page number only on
> the first page
> %% \includepdf[pages=1, landscape, scale = 0.7, pagecommand =
> \section{Review comments}]{all_comments_20110602.pdf}
> %% \includepdf[pages=2-3, landscape, scale =
> 0.7]{all_comments_20110602.pdf}
>
> %% Close, landscape header, but placed too low in document, and page
> number only on the first page
> %% \begin{landscape}
> %% \includepdf[pages=1, landscape, scale = 0.7, pagecommand =
> \section{Review comments}]{all_comments_20110602.pdf}
> %% \includepdf[pages=2-3, landscape, scale =
> 0.7]{all_comments_20110602.pdf}
> %% \end{landscape}
>
> %% Good, but different style of \includegraphics and \includepdf, and
> the pagenum again!
> %% \begin{landscape}
> %% \section{Review comments}
> %% \fbox{\includegraphics[page=1, scale =
> 0.7]{all_comments_20110602.pdf}}
> %% \includepdf[pages=2-3, landscape, scale =
> 0.7]{all_comments_20110602.pdf}
> %% \end{landscape}

 %Would something like this work?
 % no pagenumbers
 \thispagestyle{empty}

 \def\DOC{all_comments_20110602.pdf}

 % clip a portion of original page
 % measure from lower left corner of page:

 \def\Xmin{1in}
 \def\Ymin{1in}
 \def\Xmax{7.5in}
 \def\Ymax{10in}

 \noindent \includegraphics[viewport=\Xmin \Ymin \Xmax \Ymax, clip=true,
 page=1]{\DOC}
 \includepdf[pages=2-3, landscape, scale = 0.7]{\DOC}