[texhax] "Build and View" gives only page 1 and page 2 of an 18 page file

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Oct 27 20:17:26 CEST 2011

ahbrady wrote:

Can't help with the first part : don't know what Tecnic Centre is.

> A second and unrelated question. If I install TexLive 2010,
> does it install as a separate product, i.e., as a new file,
> or does it overwrite the TexLive 2009 I presently have?
> I am grateful for your help.

TeX Live 2010 will install itself into a directory hierarchy
that is rooted at something that ends in its release year
(i.e., 2010).  If your TeX Live 2009 is similarly rooted
in something that ends in 2009, all will be well.  But by
default, it will /share/ the local TeXMF hierarchy between
the two installations -- this may be useful, or it may
cause problems  -- if you want to avoid the risk of potential
problems, you can always ask the installer to create the local
TeXMF hierarchy in a place that is not shared with 2009.

Philip Taylor