[texhax] About a Letter

Ali Polatel polatel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:24:02 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 06:58:49AM -0400, William Adams wrote:
>On Oct 16, 2011, at 12:45 PM, Ali Polatel wrote:
>
>> 1. I am using the document class "letter" with the options
>> 12pt and letterpaper. However, I want to make a title page for my
>> submission as well. How should I go about doing this?
>
>My suggestion would be to do that separately, then concatenate the two (if an electronic submission).

Aha, neat idea! At the moment I don't plan to submit it electronically
but in case I change my mind, can you give me some pointers on how to
concatenate the two?

>> 2. How do I set font to "Times New Roman"?
>
>\usepackage{mathptmx}
>
>will use a Times clone, or use xelatex and fontspec to make use of your local copy.

I didn't know about mathptmx, looks like it'll do the job.

>> 3. Am I correct in using the package setspace and the command
>> \onehalfspacing to set 1,5 line spacing?
>
>I believe so. Does something in the manual indicate otherwise?

Now that I looked again, I see that it does. Always good to get it
confirmed :)

>William

		-alip