[texhax] Landscape

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Nov 8 12:52:58 CET 2011

Am Mon, 7 Nov 2011 14:59:55 -0500 schrieb Clifford Weil:

> Ph.D. students at Michigan State University wishing to have a page in
> their dissertations in landscape are required to put the page number
> on the long side of the page rather than at the bottom of the page.
> I've tried both the landscape environment from the lscape package and
> the command \sidewaystable but haven't yet found a satisfactory way
> to put the page number where its required to be. How can I put \the
> \value{page} in the right-hand margin?. I've tried \marginpar, but
> without complete success.

You can always use a small picture in the header or the footer to
place things on the page:

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}

\usepackage{lipsum}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\pagestyle{fancy}
\fancyhf{}
\cfoot{I'm a normal page number \thepage}

\fancypagestyle{landscape}{%
 \cfoot{\begin{picture}(0,0)
        \unitlength=1cm
        \put(15,15){\Huge\thepage}
        \end{picture}}}
\begin{document}
\lipsum[1-9]
\newpage
\thispagestyle{landscape}
\begingroup
\edef\oripagewidth{\the\pdfpagewidth}
\pdfpagewidth\pdfpageheight
\pdfpageheight=\oripagewidth
\lipsum[1]
\newpage
\endgroup
\lipsum
\end{document}

But for a better solution you should make a better description. E.g.
do you want the landscape for the screen or print? Should the page
layout be changed? Are there (and where?) headers and footers.

--
Ulrike Fischer