[texhax] TeX/LaTeX/flowfram contract work?

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Wed Nov 2 22:41:37 CET 2011

I'm working on a project that will produce documents similar to what can be
created in Adobe InDesign, complete with multiple stories, flow from
contain to contain within and across pages, flow around graphics, etc.  The
flowfram package from Nicola Talbot seems to offer much of what I need in
terms of page layout functions, but I need some additional options the
package doesn't support.  Unfortunately, I don't have the TeX programming
skills to be able to do this customization.

My guess would be that something like a combination of textpos and flowfram
would be idea.  Textpos allows you to have multiple textblock environments,
positioned anywhere on the page.  However, there's no ability to flow
automatically from one container to another.  Flowfram has the
container-to-container ability, but it only works with the entire document
environment, no separate environments. Of course, I may be totally wrong
about how to approach this.

Is there someone who does TeX/LaTeX development on a contract basis?
 Ideally, someone with some knowledge of flowfram and/or textpos?  I'd love
to get contact information, or have someone contact me at pfd 'at'
pfdstudio 'dot' com.

Thanks!

-pd

--